in this series
PORTLAND, Ore. – A half-block industrial building in the Sellwood neighborhood is proposed to be replaced by a multi-story mixed use structure.
Located at 8222 SE 6th Ave. near the east end of the Sellwood bridge, the industrial building was constructed in 1958.
In the 1960s the building was home to Anodizing Inc., according to The Oregonian.
The building is now occupied by CHS Machine Co., an automotive machine shop.
The property most recently sold to LCHS Enterprises LLC in 2012 for $995,000, according to county records.
On Sept. 2 the city received an application for early assistance on a five- or six-story development in place of the industrial building. The application calls for retail use on the first floor and residential on the upper stories. Roughly 40 parking spaces are proposed on the ground floor.
The application states the development would be “looking to meet community design standards,” as the property is located within a design overlay zone.
The applicant is Sarah Radelet of Strata Land Use Planning.